New Trent Stylus for conductive touch screens
I've been looking to get a stylus to use on my iPad over the last month but kept forgetting to look at the options available when I've been to the shops. I'm glad I did forget too as a couple of days ago I decided to look on amazon and see what was available. I initially looked for the fine tip stylus’ (assuming that's the right word for more than one stylus) as I want it for drawing when road situations when teaching my learner driver pupils. After reading many reviews which seemed to range from good to bad. That is until I saw the New Trent Stylus. The lowest review score out of 5 was 4. And there were over 70 reviews. That's a good start and I can say I can now appreciate why.
![]() |
The main point that makes it so good is the touch screen tip. Instead of being made of the usual rubber spongy stuff, it's made of a micro knit conductive fibre. So unlike its rubber tipped brethren, it doesn't require much pressur on the screen at all. Also the micro knit glides effortlessly across the touch screen. We all know what it's like when you have warm hands and your finger doesn't always glide smoothly across the screen. Well not the case here. I have screen protectors on both my iPad and iPhone and it’s only slightly less responsive than my finger and I really do mean slightly.
The tip isn't as small as some of the fine tipped rubber stylus’ out there but on have a go at drawing on Sketch Book, Penultimate, and the game Draw Something I found it to be very accurate. I think this because you only need very light pressure to use it.
In addition to the superb touch screen stylus end, the other end has a twist or pen nib which apparently takes standard parker refills, I've not used the pen end yet but the other amazon reviews said it was surprisingly nice to write with.
The only negative point I can make about the stylus is the lack of inductions it comes with. I did have a quick look to see how you open it to refill the pen end but didn't want to be too heavy handed. The construction of the product seems sturdy and well made however it is also quite light. Not as light as the cheap plastic bodied stylus’ or a Bic biro but not as heavy as a good quality writing pen either. So this is where some sort of enclosed leaflet would have been nice.
So in summary, I would completely recommend this product. Especially as it is currently retailing for £5.99 on amazon! Great all round product that really does do what it says on the tin and at a ridiculously cheap price compared to other lower quality products.
Stylus image as shown on most shoopping sites released from New Trent.



0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home