 |
| Tweetbot Timeline view for iPhone |
Since getting an iPad in January, I was enjoying twitter on the big screen but found it annoying to pickup where I had left off on my iPhone or vice versa. This prompted me to look into a better app for my iPad than the standard free twitter app. I tried a few of the free trial apps but wasn't in a better situation. I then found out there is this clever service call tweet marker. I could have been a bit behind the game with this but until I got the iPad I was tweeting 99% of the time from my iPhone. On googling tweet marker, the site I found (http://tweetmarker.net/) listed the apps that support the service. Tweetlogix (previously reviewed here http://vbiphoneblog.blogspot.com/2011/05/tweetlogix-for-iphone-review.html) already supported the service but didn't offer an iPad app. So after much deliberation I decided to try Tweetbot which seemed very popular in the app store and had some rather good Internet reviews. I can say I'm not disappointed either. In fact I liked it so much I decided I would purchase a copy for my iPhone even though it isn't quite a feature packed as Tweetlogix. You may think I'm crazy for doing that but the thing is, Tweetbot is such as joy to use as a twitter app with its intuitive use of the touch screen and swiping and the ease of navigating around the app. The only thing I really miss from Tweetlogix is twitlonger but I still have that installed on my iPhone if I need it.
Coming back to the above mentioned swipe controls, swiping a tweet left to right allows you to see the conversation chain it relates to, so if someone replied to one of your tweets but you forget what it was you said last it's are really easy to refresh your memory. Swiping right to left allows you to see a list of all the replies to a particular tweet which can also be very handy.
The look and feel of Tweetbot is as mentioned what made me purchase it for the iPhone too. It's clean and crisp to look at and has clean, well executed sounds that perfectly fit the apps look and name. It's also super fast to update the timeline on a wifi connection and slick to browse through it and the other views unlike some apps which can be a bit laggy to scroll through and change screens on.
So in my opinion, if you plan to splash out on a premium twitter app for more functionality, I would be surprised if you were disappointed with Tweetbot.
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad
Images borrowed from Tapbots website
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home